The 20th Board meeting the TEES Smart Grid Center was held in person on April 4, 2022. The agenda of the meeting included voting on the a new Board member, presenting updates from the Center and new large planned projects, the current and potential MS program at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, and receiving feedback from the Board on the activities of the Center. The Board members unanimously voted in Mr. W. Dale Claudel (Vice President, Grid Modernization and Strategy, Entergy).
Participants were the following:
- Mr. Jorge A. Bermúdez, Chair of Advisory Board (President and CEO, the Byebrook Group)
- Mr. Valentine A. Emesih, P.E. (Division Vice President, CenterPoint Energy)
- Mr. Bill Magness (Energy Consultant)
- Mr. Richard Medina, P.E. (Interim Executive Vice President, Energy Delivery Services, CPS Energy)
- Mr. Gary Rackliffe (Vice President, Market Development & Innovation – North America, Hitachi Energy)
- Mr. Woody Rickerson, P.E. (Vice President, System Planning & Weatherization, ERCOT)
- Mr. Khalil Shalabi (Executive Vice President for Strategic Initiatives & Transformation, LCRA).
- Mr. Cameron Smallwood (CEO and General Manager, United Cooperative Services)
More information on all the Board members is posted here.
Smart Grid Center Representatives:
- Dr. Miroslav Begovic (Associate Director, TEES Smart Grid Center; Dept. Head, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Andrea Kishné (Administrator, TEES Smart Grid Center)
- Dr. Thomas Overbye (Director, TEES Smart Grid Center, Professor, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Le Xie (Lead for SGC Research Projects, Professor, ECE, TAMU).
Mr. John Pappas (Director, TEES Center Operations)
From left to right: Valentine Emesih, Le Xie, Bill Magness, Khalil Shalabi, Woody Rickerson, Tom Overbye, Cameron Smallwood, Richard Medina, Gary Rackliffe, Jorge Bermúdez, and Miroslav Begovic
The Board meeting included a demonstration at the Smart Grid Control Room Lab.
Photos from the reception held prior to the Board meeting: