The 21st Board meeting the TEES Smart Grid Center held in person was hosted by Valentine Emesih (Vice President of Operational Technology and Cybersecurity, CenterPoint Energy (CNP)) at CNP Headquarters in Houston on October 3, 2022.
The meeting agenda included presenting updates on the Center and new large planned projects by the Center Director, Tom Overbye, Ph.D. (Professor, TAMU); a presentation titled “Continuing evolution of smart grid and digital technologies at CenterPoint Energy” by Kevin Ding, Ph.D. (Director, Advanced Digital Systems, CNP), and receiving feedback from the Board on the activities of the Center.
Participants were the following:
- Mr. Jorge A. Bermúdez, Chair of Advisory Board (President and CEO, the Byebrook Group)
- Mr. Valentine A. Emesih, P.E. (Division Vice President, CenterPoint Energy)
- Ms. Jennifer Curran (Vice President, System Planning, MISO)
- Mr. Gary Rackliffe (Vice President, Market Development & Innovation – North America, Hitachi Energy)
- Mr. Woody Rickerson, P.E. (Vice President, System Planning & Weatherization, ERCOT)
- Mr. Khalil Shalabi (Executive Vice President for Strategic Initiatives & Transformation, LCRA).
- Mr. Cameron Smallwood (CEO and General Manager, United Cooperative Services)
More information on all the Board members is posted here.
Smart Grid Center Representatives:
- Dr. Miroslav Begovic (Associate Director, TEES Smart Grid Center; Dept. Head, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Kate Davis (Assistant Director for Education, SGC; Assistant Professor, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Andrea Kishné (Administrator, TEES Smart Grid Center)
- Dr. Thomas Overbye (Director, TEES Smart Grid Center, Professor, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Jonathan Snodgrass (Assistant Director for Testbeds, Research Engineer, ECE, TAMU)
- Dr. Le Xie (Lead for SGC Research Projects, Professor, ECE, TAMU).
- Dr. Kevin Ding (Director, Advanced Digital Systems, CNP Energy)
- Mr. Eric Easton (Vice President for High Voltage and Real-Time Operations, CenterPoint Energy)
- Ms. Katerina Pinchuk (Assistant Director, TEES Center Operations)
- Mr. David Holmes (General Manager – Energy, Dell Technologies)
- Mr. George Tamez (Senior Manager, CPS Energy)
- Mr. Kevin Templin (TEES Center Operations)